Illawarra Rugby League is pleased to announce the Mojo Homes Illawarra Cup Magic Round will take place on Saturday 4th June at WIN Stadium, Wollongong.
With support of participating clubs in the Mojo Homes Illawarra Cup competition, all Round Six fixtures will be played at the same venue on the same day.
Match Day Schedule
- 11.30am Dapto Canaries v Corrimal Cougars
- 1.15pm Helensburgh Tigers v De La Salle
- 3.00pm Thirroul v Cronulla Caringbah Sharks
- 4.45pm Collegians v Western Suburbs
This is a chance to see the best of Illawarra Rugby League in the one place starting with a local derby between Dapto and Corrimal, followed by the new entries into the Mojo Homes Illawarra Cup with De La Salle taking on Helensburgh and Cronulla Caringbah Sharks next up against Thirroul Butchers.
The final match of the day is between traditional rivals, currently in First and Second position on the ladder, Collegians versus Western Suburbs Illawarra.
Illawarra Rugby League have taken the opportunity to implement this “Magic Weekend” as the NRL heads into the State of Origin series and limited NRL matches taking place.
“This is a great opportunity for supporters of Rugby League to come and watch our premier local competition,” Illawarra Rugby League Operations Manager Nigel Roy said.
“With the St George Illawarra Dragons having a bye weekend we hope to see a huge crowd turn out for all of the Mojo Homes Illawarra Cup Magic weekend action.”
How to purchase tickets for Magic Round | Free entry for children Under 16
In an effort to encourage the whole Rugby League community to attend, entry for the games are priced at normal entry prices, $8 for adults and $4 for concession holders. Children Under 16 are free.
Tickets will need to be purchased through WIN Stadium’s ticketing partner “Ticketmaster” and are expected to go on sale from 12pm on Friday. The Illawarra Rugby League encourages patrons to pre-purchase tickets to avoid any delays in getting into the stadium.
Mojo Homes First Division and U18’s | Harrigan Shield Fixtures
Illawarra Rugby League also acknowledges the efforts of all grass roots clubs to keep Rugby League competitions going through the current wet weather being experienced.
“Whilst we have implemented the Mojo Homes Illawarra Cup Magic weekend, we are also working hard behind the scenes to keep all competitions proceeding despite the limited availability of fields capable of hosting fixtures throughout this unprecedented wet weather.”
Mojo Homes 1st Division
- Collegians v Wests Saturday 4th June, 1pm at Collegians Sports Stadium
- Dapto v Corrimal Saturday 4th June, 3.30pm at Dapto Showground
- Thirroul v Avondale, TBC (Most likely to be played on Sunday)
- Helensburgh Bye
Mojo Homes Under 18’s
- Collegians v Wests Saturday 4th June, 11.30am at Collegians Sports Stadium
- Thirroul v Wests, TBC (Most likely to be played on Sunday)
- Dapto Bye
- Mt Kembla v Windang Saturday 4th June, 3pm Mt Kembla Park
- Northern Suburbs v Berkeley 4th June, 3pm Jim Allen Oval (Note: This ground is currently closed so game may be played on Sunday)
- Figtree v Avondale, TBC (Most likely to be played on Sunday)
We apologise for a number of fixtures that remain TBC. Unfortunately, this has been forced on us by the current weather conditions. We are working as hard as possible to get all games happening, and thank all our wonderful volunteers for their efforts to get everyone back on the field as soon as possible.