The Illawarra Steelers Club is located in the centre of Wollongong’s sporting and entertainment hub, adjacent to WIN Stadium and WIN Entertainment Centre and is the southern home of the St George Illawarra Dragons and the Illawarra Rugby League Division.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the support and promotion of Rugby League Clubs, the administration and delivery of Rugby League competitions with the objective of fostering development of the game in the Illawarra. Provide administrative support for representative and development programs.
The successful applicant will be an outgoing person with excellent communication and problem solving skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders. This position is offered on a full-time permanent basis and ordinary hours of work shall be 38 hours per week, and this spread of hours will be performed across Monday to Sunday, plus any reasonable additional hours required to fulfil the requirements of the job.
The successful applicant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Operational leadership
- Develop and implement strategy
- Communication and club engagement
- Financial management
- Support delivery of NSWRL programs
- Volunteer education and recognition
- Highly developed written and verbal communication capability, including skill in networking and building effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to build rapport and foster relationships with a variety of stakeholders with demonstrated strength in influencing outcomes collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a firm but consistent approach and to be authentic in dealings with stakeholders.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, with the ability to address sensitive matters effectively.
- Microsoft Office suite competence, with intermediate Excel skills.
- Current Drivers Licence and Working with Children Check.
- Sporting industry experience desirable.
- Passion for and understanding of Rugby League, with knowledge at club, player and/or coach level beneficial.
- Experience with a “for purpose” organisation or community organisation.
- Working Across a diverse geographic spread.
- Working closely with Boards
If this unique opportunity excites you and sounds like your perfect new role, please forward your cover letter and CV to:
Operations Manager Illawarra District Rugby League
(02) 4227 2255